Nurse Credentialing & Compliance Director
Nearly 1.3 million Americans are residents of nursing homes, and they depend on nursing staff for basic needs. Currently, 99% of nursing homes in the US are facing nursing shortages, which means residents may not receive adequate care.
We’re on a mission to provide health care to the most vulnerable by connecting nurses to healthcare facilities. We’re a technology company that strives to empower nurses by offering flexibility and control over when and where they work, along with higher wages. Through our mobile apps, our community of qualified nurses provide much-needed staff for short-staffed facilities.
About this role
ESHYFT hires nurses in many states with varying laws and regulations.We’re looking for a Nurse Credentialing & Compliance Director to take full ownership of our nurse credentialing and nurse compliance efforts.
- At least 2 years experience in healthcare compliance and nurse credentialing
- Experience with Joint Commission certifications and surveys
- Strong research skills and experience in dealing with federal and multiple states’ nurse credentialing and compliance regulations
- Strong ability to independently problem-solve and make decisions
- Certification in Healthcare Compliance (CHC) – must be obtained within one year of hire
- Research, implement, and maintain nurse compliance and nurse credentialing standards encompassing all applicable laws and regulations in each states
- Clearly instructing the recruitment manager on what documentation needs to be collected, how often, and what is acceptable before onboarding new nurses in each state.
- Obtain and maintain a Joint Commission Certification
- Investigate compliance violations
- Monitor and assess compliance risks and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure compliance in all areas
- Manage all compliance and nurse credentialing related correspondence from our facilities and from all government agencies
- Conduct and document compliance audits
- Obtain and maintain all state business and healthcare licenses and certifications
- Health insurance
- Company supplemented flexible spending account
- Guaranteed issue life insurance policies
- Paid time off
- Vision and dental insurance