GCP/ DevOps Engineer
Nearly 1.3 million Americans are residents of nursing homes, and they depend on nursing staff for basic needs. Currently, 99% of nursing homes in the US are facing nursing shortages, which means residents may not receive adequate care.
We’re on a mission to provide health care to the most vulnerable by connecting nurses to healthcare facilities. We’re a technology company that strives to empower nurses by offering flexibility and control over when and where they work, along with higher wages. Through our mobile apps, our community of qualified nurses provide much-needed staff for short-staffed facilities.
About this role
As a GCP/ DevOps Engineer at ESHYFT you will play a crucial role in the design, development, maintenance, and production of ESHYFT. If you are passionate about creating responsive, scalable web applications, we’d love to have you on board.
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration.
- Hands-on experience with SQL and scripting (e.g., Python, Bash).
- Deep understanding of GCP’s architecture, services, and best practices.
- Certifications like the Google Cloud Professional DevOps Engineer or Google Cloud Professional Cloud Architect would be advantageous.
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Infrastructure Management:
- Design, implement, and maintain production-scale, high-availability, fault-tolerant systems on GCP.
- Utilize Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like Terraform and Deployment Manager to manage GCP resources.
- Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD):
- Design and implement CI/CD pipelines using tools like Cloud Build, Jenkins, and Spinnaker.
- Monitor automated deployments to identify and resolve any integration issues.
- Monitoring & Logging:
- Integrate and configure monitoring tools like Stackdriver/Google Cloud Monitoring.
- Analyze logs using platforms like Cloud Logging and BigQuery.
- Network and Security Management:
- Secure GCP infrastructure using VPCs, firewalls, identity and access management (IAM), and other security features.
- Implement and manage VPNs, load balancers, and CDN configurations.
- Container Orchestration:
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes clusters using GKE (Google Kubernetes Engine).
- Configure and maintain container registries like GCR (Google Container Registry).
- Data Management:
- Ensure reliability of databases and data storage solutions on GCP, like Cloud SQL, Datastore, and Bigtable.
- Implement backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Cost Optimization & Management:
- Monitor cloud resource utilization and costs.
- Optimize infrastructure costs through rightsizing and automation.
- Collaboration & Communication:
- Work closely with developers, QA, and other stakeholders to ensure smooth CI/CD operations.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to junior DevOps engineers and team members.
- Staying Updated:
- Stay informed about the latest advancements in GCP and related technologies.
- Adopt best practices, tools, and methodologies to drive continuous improvement.
- Health insurance
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid time off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Vision and dental insurance