Director of HR
Nearly 1.3 million Americans are residents of nursing homes, and they depend on nursing staff for basic needs. Currently, 99% of nursing homes in the US are facing nursing shortages, which means residents may not receive adequate care.
We’re on a mission to provide health care to the most vulnerable by connecting nurses to healthcare facilities. We’re a technology company that strives to empower nurses by offering flexibility and control over when and where they work, along with higher wages. Through our mobile apps, our community of qualified nurses provide much-needed staff for short-staffed facilities.
About this role
We’re looking for an experienced HR professional to join our team to oversee sourcing, recruitment, onboarding, retention, payroll, and benefits. We’d like for this role to be local to our New Jersey office in Howell.
- Prior HR Manager or Director experience
- 5-8 years of HR experience
- Passion for people; build, sympathize and listen to employees
- Excellent communication skills, both written, verbal and interpersonal
- Knowledge of HR and recruiting systems and software
- Strategic and able to analyze and present data to make decisions
- Sourcing & Hiring Top Talent
- Work with ESHYFT executives to build a strong talent development pipeline to bring world-class talent to the team
- Source and screen high quality candidates for each new role
- Assist hiring managers with interviewing and hiring new team members
- Onboarding, training & retention
- Ensure the effective onboarding and training of new team members, making sure that employees feel welcomed, informed about their benefits, and prepared to excel in their roles
- Engage with managers on performance management and upskilling
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition
- Payroll and Benefits
- Implement and oversee end-to-end payroll processes, ensuring accurate and timely compensation for employees while adhering to legal and company regulations.
- Implement and manage employee benefits administration, including health insurance, retirement plans, and leave policies, to enhance overall employee well-being.
- Collaborate with finance and benefits providers to resolve queries, enrollments, and adjustments, ensuring a seamless experience for employees.
- Analyze compensation trends, conduct market research, and contribute to the development of competitive compensation strategies aligned with industry standards.
- Human Resources and engagement
- Handle all HR & employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures
- Own our performance management systems, including performance reviews, compensation strategy, and manager training
- Lead our people operations, including employee policies, compliance, payroll, and benefits
- Facilitate our OKR process and reporting across the company
- Culture & Fun
- Own our inclusion & diversity efforts to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we serve
- Create a growth-oriented and motivating environment that fosters a high level of employee engagement
- Nurture a positive culture where employees recognize and celebrate each other
- Organize culture & fun activities to promote team building, getting to know each other and bringing people together both physically and virtually
Nice to have
- Experience in long term care industry
- Experience in start up/tech environment